2017 has been a blessed year regarding traveling. You must have seen my top 9 moments of Instagram out of which four are of my traveling spree.
I thought of sharing my experience and itinerary of my India travel. I wanted to travel the golden triangle; Delhi- Agra- Jaipur but Agra got canceled due to some reason. I was little disappointed, but Delhi and Jaipur was a fantastic experience. I have the coolest cousins with whom I traveled; they’re sweet, I being the eldest they listen to me, so everything was sorted. 😀
- The flights– We steered clear of individual websites and booked through ‘make my trip’ website to avail specific discounts. I hate traveling long distance by road, and we had time and date constraints. Hence, we booked our flights from Hyderabad- Delhi, Delhi-Jaipur and back to base.
- Booking an accommodation– I use either Airbnb or booking.com depending on the city. For Delhi, we booked a hotel called “Chanakya Inn” which is near to the airport. Please do not book your stay there. They are a loot! Booked a suite room for three people instead we got a room which can hardly accommodate.
Next, we booked a hotel called “Rani Mahal” in Jaipur, the main reason why we loved the place was the hotel had a Rajasthani heritage/decor to it, and also the windows reminded us of the famous remix song ‘humma humma.’ We got a perfect deal, well within the budget.
- City traveling– We chose Southern Travels for our Delhi Tour, and in Jaipur rented a car with a tour guide to show us around the historical places.
- Packing– I tend to overpack a little! Had a bad experience last year in Thailand’s trip. So, this time I made a vow to pack what is necessary.I packed according to the city. For Delhi, I chose neutral colors, and for Jaipur, I kept it vibrant and fun.
- Meals- To be honest we didn’t like the food in Delhi, especially pani puri and pav bhaji we expected so much, and we were disappointed terribly. The first day we had our breakfast in Southern Travels restaurant, a typical South Indian breakfast. Where ever I go I need my masala dosa to kick start the day.
The second day, we went to the famous place Hauz Khas Village and in it HK Social. Aloo Tikki is a must try there!
In Jaipur, please do not go to the hotel Regent Central- lousy food! They put coconut in curd rice! Who on earth does that!?
Last meal in Jaipur was delicious! Went to Choki Dhani to have a traditional Rajasthani food. Worth it!
DAY 1- Delhi Tour
DAY 2- Shopping
It was my dream to go there! It was a paradise! Did a lot of jewelry shopping rather than clothes because the market had mostly winter wear.
It was a 20-minute drive from our hotel, and it is like our very own Shilparamum.
Ambience mall is so freaking huge! Our legs were dead by the end of the day. Also, why don’t we have Innisfree and Sephora in Hyderabad?!
Later, we had dinner in the mall’s food court- Dhaba 1986, pretty decent food!
DAY 3: Jaipur
DAY 4- Jaipur
Later, we went to Jaigarh Fort and Sheesh Mahal but it started to pour all of a sudden. Hence, no pictures of it.
DAY 6: Last day in Jaipur
We went to Johari Bazaar and Bapu Bazaar for jewelry and bedspreads. Our mothers made sure that we do not return with Jaipuri bedspreads and cushion covers. To travel from one market to another, we took a rickshaw. The rickshaw service there is pretty good, you will find one at every minute, and the fare is 10 rupees per person.