My makeup routine has been the most requested post from you girls, and I have finally decided to do it. Fair warning, I am not a pro at makeup! I am still learning the nitty-gritty of it.
Finding the correct foundation wasn’t easy for me, I have tried a lot of products before zeroing down to Maybelline Fit me in the shade 310. I have stopped using now because I found better suitable products in MAC. The products are way too expensive for a person like me who doesn’t use makeup on a daily basis. I only use it for my blog posts and if I have to attend any blogger event. Hence, my products run for a more extended period and don’t burn a hole in the pocket now and then.
Coming to my makeup routine,
- the foremost thing I do is moisturize, I use FabIndia’s silk protein face cream.
2.To cover my blemishes/ dark spots near my lip and under eye area, I use MAC studio concealer and corrector duo in the shade brunt coral. The orange color helps me cover the dark spots, I mix orange and yellow to get a perfect shade and combat dark circles and spots.
3. Next, to give a natural look, I apply concealer in the shade NC42. It is a hydrating liquid concealer which doesn’t cake up much on the skin and works well for me
4. For contouring, I like L.A Girl’s pro contour cream. I only contour my cheek and jawline.
5. I am a big fan of Natur Studio’s Plum Kajal; I use it as eyeliner and kajal. The best product ever! I have wasted so much on other products, but plum kajal stands the first any day for me. It glides so smoothly and stays up to 12-18 hours.
I am naturally blessed with good, full eyebrows, and I don’t use anything on it.
6. I finish my makeup with MAC Mineralize powder skinfinish to even out the entire face.
7. Lastly, the lipstick. My current favorites are MAC Retro Matte- Fashion Legacy, HUDA Liquid Matte- Trophy Wife and Maybelline Matte- Touch of Spice.
To remove my makeup, I use Loreal Paris makeup remover. Again, this is the best product so far I have used.
Viola! Done! I usually take about 10 minutes to finish my makeup. This is my basic makeup routine which I apply. I don’t use eyelashes or eyeshadows yet, still trying to ace it! Will keep you updated about that.
Below are my pictures without makeup. 😀
Photographer: Meghalika Panduru